Keeping your furnace running during the harsh winter months is essential for residents’ comfort. As the weather begins to cool, make an appointment with a professional HVAC contractor to finish your furnace tune-up checklist. Why? Regular preventive maintenance by professionals is necessary to ensure that your system runs safely and efficiently during the fall and winter heating seasons.
It also aids in reducing utility expenses and the maintenance of a better degree of comfort. If you are looking for furnace service near me, there are a few things you can do to ensure that your furnace is in good working order.
Benefits of a Furnace Tune-Up
Furnace tune-up services by an HVAC contractor Babylon address every area of the furnace’s exterior and inside, ensuring that safety regulations are fulfilled, appropriate performance is maintained, and the furnace’s overall health and condition are in good working order. Your furnace tune-up service, which should be performed every year at the end of summer or early fall, can help prevent serious malfunctions, reduce the need for repairs, and preserve overall performance for the season.
What is Included on a Furnace Tune-Up List?
The following is a list of maintenance tasks that should be performed on your furnace annually. The only exception is to replace the air filter, which should be done every three months or as needed. While tune-up activities vary by HVAC provider, a trained expert like furnace service near me will cover the following essential checkpoints in your inspection:
- Lubricate your system’s moving parts, such as motors, bearings, fans, and air circulators, to reduce friction.
- Clean and tune the electrodes and pilot light assembly.
- Make that the gas pressure and burner combustion meet the system’s requirements.
- Measure the motor’s current and voltage to see how efficient it is.
- Check for proper airflow by cleaning the blower assembly.
- Examine the blower motor and, if appropriate, the belt for signs of wear or malfunction.
- Clean and check the heat exchanger for cracks, soot, and corrosion.
- Check for corrosion on the terminals and wires, and if necessary, apply a non-conductive coating.
- Check for carbon monoxide (CO) leaks, which are incredibly harmful.
- Check the flues and ventilation system for adequate gas venting.
- Check for loose joints in the ducting and seal them with mastic duct sealant.
- Check for proper operation of oil pumps and gas valves.
- Check the accuracy of your thermostat.
- Test the system controls to ensure that your furnace or heat pump cycles properly.
- As needed, tighten electrical and gas connections.
- Replace the air filter.
- Replace the oil filter and nozzle, or measure and adjust the pressure regulator.
- Examine the operational controls and safety features, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Prepare an equipment condition report for the customer detailing any potential issues or necessary repairs.
- Finally, produce a report outlining the tasks completed and any suggestions for adjustments in usage, HVAC repairs, or system upgrades.
It’s time to arrange an HVAC contractor Babylon now that winter is approaching. Cool Air Designs Inc. is about to enter the busiest heating season of the year, so contact us directly at 631-676-7733 or drop us a mail here for the most extraordinary scheduling possibilities. Our skilled specialists employ cutting-edge equipment and products to ensure that your furnace is working.